Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Joshua: 15 months Old

Joshua just turned 15 months old. It seems like the weeks and months have flashed before my eyes. I was holding a newborn baby and then he was walking. Time flies when you're having fun.

Joshua is in size 24 month clothes. He wears a size 4 diaper. He weighed 26 lbs. 8 oz. at his well check up and was 32 inches tall. That is a hefty three pounds heavier then his brother was at this age and an inch shorter. He's going to be our body builder (sumo wrestler, whatever!).

He has the most dazzling blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. He is going to be a lady killer. I have weapons ready! He has about 8 teeth now, all in front. He loves to suck his pointer finger on his left hand when he gets tired. He does this and twirls my hair as I rock him to sleep. It is one of the moments in my day that I enjoy the most. It is our snuggle time. The bad thing about sucking the finger is he has a jacked up front tooth because of it. Oh well, what can you do? A 15 month Hell bent on sucking his pointer finger does not get that he needs to stop for orthodontic reasons. We'll touch on that when the permanent teeth come in.

He is saying lots of words. Dada, Mama, Bubba (Jacob), Puppy, Up High (as he points to the sky), Cup, Baba (bottle), Night Night, Bye-bye, Hi, Aiplay (Airplane). He has more, but those are a few that come to mind. He is active, loves to play and enjoys dancing to music. He is just a joy to be around at all times.

Joshua is my sweet kid. He will sit with me and let me hold him for hours. He is content. He does get a temper from time to time, he's not perfect all the time, but for the most part he's even tempered.

I can't believe my baby is 15 months old already! Sniff, sniff.

No comments: