Friday, June 08, 2007

I really should be shopping...

I never thought I would say that to myself. I really should be shopping!

I need to buy a dress for Sunday night's fundraiser event. My husband is running for "king" for the neighbhorhood center and is having a big to do dinner at a fancy steak house in our area. It's going to be a great event and I'm excited.

I guess the only thing I'm not excited about is buying a dress with two kids in tow. I have to try things on and can't just pop in and pick a dress up like the good old days when I was a size 4. Now I'm lucky to fit myself in a size 8 and not look like a sausage crammed in casing. I have people tell me all the time how great I look and I think "Yea, with my clothes on". They have no idea what I'm hiding underneath these garments. If they only knew the compliments would fly out the window.

That didn't get off topic did it? Ha ha! Can you tell my weight is bothering me?

So...I will dress shop tomorrow and get my hair done while Mr. Big watches the rug rats. I will take my time, browse, try things on and just have a leasurely time at the mall. Phew!

1 comment:

The Owners said...

Sounds like my kind of day. It's great just to go shopping for one specific thing and not have to cram in groceries, errands, etc.
Especially the kid-free part. That's the best :)

Thank God for clothes!!! Especially black clothes. I'm hiding a lot too. My bikini days are done and over.

Have fun Sunday.