Friday, September 28, 2007

Blow after blow!

I ended up coming out to my Mom's house today to cheer her up because she was meeting with the surgeon today. The boys and I picked up balloons, flowers and a teddy bear to cheer her up. She came home and we did the whole "Surprise!" thing jumping out from under her bed. She was happy to see us. I'm glad to see her smile. That was the good news.

Bad news is the surgeon discussed that her cat scan and other tests revealed that she has four tumors lined up in her stomach. They are unsure of the severity right now, but will know more after another Upper GI is performed focusing just on those four tumors. She has cyts on one of her ovaries and they plan on just removing the ovary if they opt to do surgery on the stomach. I guess her Gallbladder has stones as well and they could remove that if and when they do the surgery on the stomach. This all depends on what they discover about the tumors. She sees an Internalist on Wednesday. The surgeon today made the prognosis sound bleak. We're all upset and we hope that something can be done. The hard part is that her heart condition doesn't make any of this as easy (if there is ever an easy with cancer) as a regular patient. The chemo and radiation will be harder if she has to go that route. So...yea... please keep my Mom in your thoughts AND prayers! Also, pray for peace with me. She's my best friend and this has been rough on me emotionally. I also have my upcoming surgery on October 24th for my endo diagnosis. Just one thing after another here in Aimee's world. Not that any of my reproductive issues holds a candle to the severity of my mother's illnesses, because it does not. Blech!

8 comments:

Jess said...

Aimee, you are in my thoughts and will continue to be so. Your mother is lucky to have such a wonderful daughter. ((HUGS))

Allison xoxo said...

sending love, strength, prayers and positive thoughts... hang in there. I have your mom added onto my family's prayer lists as well.

kaysdee said...

Aimee, so sorry. Hoping for the best.

andria said...

Well, that just sucks!

I am praying that it is all benign and they can get her patched up and feeling better in no time.

Let me know if you need anything.

Sara said...

I'm sorry. Your Mom will be in my prayers.

Melissa said...

You, your mom, and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I was closer to help you with whatever I could. Please know that you have a friend in California anytime you want to talk, scream, cry, vent, laugh, giggle, or even gossip..lol Big HUGS are being sent Aimee. Love ya! =)

formerteacher said...

I'm so sorry your mom received such awful news. I understand about your mom being your best friend, and being so worried about her. My mom was also my best friend. Don't give up hope, though. There are so many treatments out there. She should also have a second opinion if these doctors do believe it's cancer, or if surgery proves them right. University hospitals are usually a good bet as they are the ones constantly trying to come up with new treatments. Just take a deep breath.
As for the lap., I understand that too. It sucks! I learned about my endo. during my first one. Hopefully, this lap. will help you to conceive baby #3, hopefully a girl!!! Take care of yourself, Aimee. I'm praying for your mom and you!

Chris said...

I am sorry about your mom :-( You are in our thoughts!