Friday, September 07, 2007

TGIF Edition

Thank God It's Friday! Whew! Love my weekends!

Jacob had a blast at school yesterday. His teacher said he was a "sweet boy". She said he was very well behaved and was very smart in all the cirriculum. He did get teary eyed when they made them lay down for nap time. He doesn't take a nap at home so I think that was the issue there. She said he asked for me and got tears in his eyes. She sat next to his nap mat and just reassured him that I would be coming back very soon and when I got there he could run and give me a big hug. He did just that. I rounded the corner to his room and he jumped from his nap mat saying my name. I bent down and scooped him up into my arms. It was a really joyous reunion, which I enjoyed.

He brought home some art work and a sheet of paper with his name written on it. You could see he did very well writing his name out and he even added some extra scribble around his names. He did a bear on a popsicle stick that had yarn for hair and those crazy craft eyes you buy in the stores. It was cute! He was very proud of all his work.

His lunch box came home with everything except his hot dog. I tried putting food in there I knew he would enjoy so I put in a hot dog, cool ranch doritos, peaches and cheese chunks with an apple juice to wash it down. He ate the hot dog out of the bun and left everything else in his box. He didn't even touch the juice, which I thought was strange. I'll see how he does next week and then ask the teacher about it if he comes home with the majority of his food again. I'm sure the newness of the whole thing is why he didn't eat well. He's normally my good eater.

Joshua and I just enjoyed some time to ourselves. I ran to Target, Dollar Tree and the post office before we came home. Joshua got to enjoy Thomas the train alone all the while playing with the unlimited toys in the toy box without being rationed. He was in heaven. He did ask several times where "Dee-dee" was, but for the most part he coped well with just Mommy. We went to McDonald's for lunch and I let him play for an hour in the play area. When it was time to go pick Jacob up I told Joshua that we had to go to church and pick up Jacob. He was very excited and kept repeating that we were going to get Jacob. He really loves his big brother.

So, the day turned out great! The boys seemed to do well and I coped alright considering I'm a smotherer. Let's just hope next week and the week after goes just as well.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to meet up with some Moms from an online Mom's board I belong to. I've known these women through my pregnancy with Joshua up until current. We all have babies born in July 2005. I couldn't ask for a better support group of women to belong to. I really feel like these women are great friends and I know I can count on them for advice and encouragement in this crazy gig of parenting. I'm looking forward to seeing some of them again and seeing some of them for the very first time.

What do you have planned this weekend?

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! :) I'm excited about tomorrow!

kristi said...

Sounds like everybody had an awesome day!