Monday, August 11, 2008

Kindergarten is Looming...

I hate to admit this, but I'm having major anxiety about sending my baby out to Kindergarten. I get anxious and weepy just thinking about it. I guess I could say that it's causing me some depression of some sorts. I know he needs to go and I realize that he wants to go so I'm holding onto the fact that it's me and not him. I need to let go. It's just hard! He asks me everyday how many more days until he starts the "five school" and I tell him 15, 14, 13, and it just keeps getting closer and closer.

We have information packet pick up this week and orientation on Thursday night. We don't actually get teacher assignments until we drop the information packet back off at the school. We also will not meet the teacher until September 4th on a special night at the school where the parents visit their child's classroom.

I seriously would love a margarita or *something* right about now!

6 comments:

Jerri Ann said...

We started last Friday. It as nerve wracking for me but you can see on my blog where he wasn't the least bit phased. They only went one day last week...but this morning when I asked if I needed to go inside with him again, he said, "No, I know where to go." Which is basically what he told me on Friday too but I went inside anyway. He left me by the wayside though, just kept right on walking.

It is so scary, him? Obviously not so much1

Michelle said...

Awww he is getting sooo big

and YOU are on the side bar you freak, its alpha order.

andria said...

The anxiety leading up to the day is much worse than the actual day itself. Once you drop him off and have a good cry on the first day it will be a relief to have that weight you were worrying about gone. Yall are just entering a new phase in your lives and all change is hard.

Good Luck. Take a cruise through the mall, it's good for the soul.

Leslie said...

I am right here with you. We met Ella's teacher today and she starts ft on Monday. I can't believe my baby is old enough for school!

Have you started buying school supplies? It was fun for us to "get her ready to go" and it helped me too!

formerteacher said...

My son will be starting kindergarten too. I am having a hard time with it. After all, he's my first miracle baby.
He loved buying school supplies and getting his new backpack. I made it a big deal for him, and he was so excited. I on the other hand, wish there was just one more year of preschool! It will be a huge accomplishment if I don't follow the school bus crying!!!

AmyRobynne said...

I'm weirding out over Peter starting pre-k. It's half-day, every day and awfully academically minded and he wears a uniform, so it feels more formal than kindergarten was back when I started school. He didn't do preschool last year so this will really be the first time he's been away from me so much.

Anyway, I hear ya.