Sunday, September 14, 2008

We're Okay!

Checking in. We got power last night around 10 pm. It was amazing! We were all jumping for joy. The house was so hot and filled with humidity. We really thought we'd go days with no power and were pleasantly surprised to get it sooner.

Our home exterior has seen better days. We lost our fence on all sides except a small portion of the ride side fence and gate. The roof will probably have to be reshingled or replaced, not sure yet. Our trees and shrubs are torn to shreds. The most important thing though is that we're all alive and healthy.

I'll write more about the hurricane when it went over. It was definately a life memory I will never forget. The sounds, noises and the feelings in the house for 4-5 solid hours straight as the winds and rain tore through here were horrible. I don't even know if I can fully describe the experience and if I can it will probably not fully share with you how it felt as a mother and wife to sit through such a bad storm. I'll post more later with words and pictures.

7 comments:

Betsy McK said...

So glad you are all o.k..
I've been through Hurricane Hugo when I was in High school and it hit us as a cat. 4. That was some scary $h!t. We were without power for nearly 1 week.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're OK. I've never been through a bad one (was away on a trip when Andrew devastated S. Florida) but I have heard from loved ones just how devastating and traumatic it can be to sit through something like that.

Sara said...

I'm so glad you are all okay, I've been checking your blog and hoping for an update. The sound and feel of the storm must have been terrifying, thank goodness your home is (mostly) intact and your little one decided not to chose that moment to be born!

Carmajo said...

Glad to hear you and ur family are safe!!! We just had the wind come through Ohio at a much less strength and it wrecked havoc throughout the city soooo I can only imagine what it is like at your house.

Hugs,
Carmajo

Teachermom said...

Glad you guys are okay! Thanks for the update.

Jess T said...

So glad to hear it!

tiburon said...

I am so glad to hear you are safe. Sorry that things are so rough right now. I can't even imagine. You are for sure in my thoughts and prayers :)