Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Getting in shape...

I have finally come to the point where I need to take control and get back in shape. I spent the majority of my day yesterday going through my closet and bagging up all the size 2's that I will never fit my fat thighs and ass into again. I have three bags full of XS and S clothes for the Salvation Army. I can't believe that I even ever fit into those clothes. I haven't gone through my closet in over 10 years and really done a thorough clean out. Yesterday was that day! I am really happy to see that stuff go because it was my past life clothes. I'm ready to refresh my wardrobe in the fashion of today and of course, with the size I am today. Three kids can do a number on a woman's body. I'm living proof of that. I have always been very conscience of my weight and my fitness. I've really let myself go in the midst of infertility and pregnancies mixed through out the years. This week I'm taking control again and I'm hitting the gym in hopes that I can shape and mold this body back into a body that I can be proud of. I know that realistically I will never be a size 2, but for me it's about being proud of my body and what I've accomplished getting it to a point where I can look in the mirror and not cringe at what I see. I do give myself credit because I am only 5 months post partum and while I don't look horrid, I don't look great either. I am nursing too which makes it very difficult to really diet and hunker down to lose the weight by eating less. I'm joining a Beginner's Pilates class on Friday mornings and if all goes well there I'm considering adding a Beginner's Spin class on Thursday afternoons. It's all about looking good and feeling good, not necessarily about the weight loss. Wish me Luck! I'm going to need it...

2 comments:

mCat said...

You go girl! The endorphins alone are going to make you feel so good!

tiburon said...

Good luck! You will do great :)

If you ever need a pep talk you just give me a call.