Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hump Day Rut

I'm still feeling under the weather. Yesterday I forced myself to get out of this house and go to my parent's house. That was the best idea I've had all week. It was nice to have help and to be able to rest some in the recliner while my kids played with someone else. Jacob adores my Mom. Joshua adores my Dad. It works out great.

I'm still snotty and coughing and hacking. The bad thing? The kids now have it. I knew it was inevitable, but come on! They just got over the cold that would never die a couple weeks ago. Sigh. They are now reinfected and life just seems wrong. I don't know how else to say it.

Here's a few reports for the week:

Jacob has not worn a diaper in what seems like an eternity, but is probably two weeks now (?). Not 100% sure, but I think it has been two weeks. He is doing wonderful in his underwear during the day. He even takes a nap with no accidents. He has pooped in his Pull-up in the morning. I don't mind that really as long as he's peeing in the potty. We put a Pullup on him at night right before bed. Some mornings he's woken up dry and other mornings he's been wet. We will work on night training later. I'm focusing on the day training right now.

Joshua is on the verge of walking. He is letting go of the furniture and standin unassisted. He's cruising the house holding onto his walker. He just hasn't gotten the courage yet to let go and walk. He could do it. I haven't really been to persistent in helping him or urging him along. He's my baby! I want him to stay that way. He's not even a year old yet so he's got time.

Mr. Big is working long hours. Some days I feel like a single parent. I get sort of depressed and lonely when he's gone alot. I guess the two week trip to New York didn't help. I just hope things slow down for him soon. I think it's time we hired a sitter and went out.

I guess that's it from here. I need to go blow my nose. Take care.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know have this horrible summer cold you have been sporting......you gave it to me via the web, eh? How's that for some serious germ spreading? I feel like I may die!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're feeling so sick, and that the kids have it now. I try to tell myself that the boys getting sick just makes their immune systems stronger. It could be true, right???!
Unfortunately, I understand all too well about Mr. Big and his working late hours as well as traveling. My hubby was in Thailand last week, and for 5 months out of the year, I AM a single parent. It gets incredibly lonely. I get down too. I finally found a sitter, and it has helped more than you can know. Hubby and I go out, but she also comes two mornings or afternoons a week so I can get out. It is the BEST thing I ever did. Unfortunately, she is starting her first year as a teacher in the fall, so now I have to find anotehr sitter, but you get the point. So yes, get a sitter. You'll be glad you did. Moms need to recharge their batteries, and parents need to continue to foster their relationship.
Oh, I would love the address for your blog about TTC#3.(COurse, after this week, you may feel like changing your mind, huh:)

Anonymous said...

Summer colds bite the big one! Not that it's ever a great time to be sick, but you know what I mean. Hope you feel better, soon. Congrats to Jacob on such a good job with the potty thing! Very impressive!