Monday, August 28, 2006

Lost in my BUSY!

I've told you how busy our summer has been and it seems like it has just picked up the pace. In the midst of the busy, I decided to do IUIs and try to get pregnant. That translates to doctor's appts-doctor's appts-and more doctor's appts and money (don't forget that!). I've also decided to tackle some home improvement projects such as landscaping the backyard, painting the white walls in our house, replacing fixtures in the bathrooms and patching some cracks in the sheetrock in our master bath. You know, I just didn't have enough to keep myself busy. NOT!

In all seriousness, I don't mind being busy. As a matter of fact I enjoy a fast paced week.

My sucky news of the week: I got a ticket in a school zone. 34 in a 20. Let's just say that I never heard the end of it from Mr. Big. I wanted to put my hands over his mouth and never let him up for air. Argh. This is my first ticket since I was 17 years old. Let's see-I'm 30 and I was 17 at my last one, you do the math. Defensive driving here I come! I cringe at the cost of the fine. I called the court and they said they won't have a number ($$$) until 10 days after the ticket. Well, that's mighty nice. Let them ponder the damage while I bite every one of my nails to the quick. Come on, officer-You're dipping into my TTC #3 fund. Can't you go easy on me? So, yea, that sucks ass. Guilty and I can't deny it. Of course, Jacob thought the officer on the motorcycle was a celebrity. He was fascinated that this guy was pulling Mommy over and giving her a piece of paper with his signature. Sigh, he has lots to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Well, I'm so glad that you're not driving in our school zone. Geesh! How horrible. I mean I've never, ever, ever had a ticket before.

I don't think I'll be driving anywhere tomorrow due to this bit of gloating! LOL