Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I love you, Mommy!

Yesterday Joshua told me he loved me for the first time. We were sitting on the sofa together and he leaned into my face for his wet slobbery kiss and he declared to me "I love you, Mommy!". I melted into a ball of Mommy gush right then and there.

He is 18 months old now and starting to talk more and more. I have been worried about him because Jacob is his representative and talks for him. We joke about the fact that he doesn't have to talk because Jacob does it for him. He's finally speaking out and saying things that we didn't even know he could say.

He has done many firsts this past month. He got his first haircut by Adpa on January the 5th. He had the cutest little curls in the back, but was being mistaken for a female. I didn't really want to cut it, but caved the day I had two people at two different stores ask me if he was a boy or girl. It just so happened that it fell on his 18 month birthday.

I am amazed at how you forget all the little things they do growing up. I love this age and forgot just how fun it is. He is not only fun, but a handful. I think I've lost a few pounds in the past three weeks just chasing him. It's a full time job, that's for sure. These boys keep me very busy!

No comments: