Saturday, February 10, 2007

"Me" Time

I don't get much "me" time. I have really tried to focus on my children the past couple of years and haven't really done much for myself. I turned 30 last year and didn't even really celebrate my birthday properly because I was nursing a baby and we had moved that weekend. My mind was preoccupied with unpacking and getting our house in some kind of order to live in. Life was just hectic and busy. If it wasn't one thing, it was another.

That leads me to this year where we are settled. The boys are another year older and I'm turning 31 at the end of this month. I am going to do something for my birthday this year. I just haven't decided what to do yet. I had originally thought about planning a night out with all our friends. We could meet for dinner and then go out to have drinks and do some dancing. Time slipped away from me and I didn't plan anything, nor did I call or send out invitations to all our friends. I'm sure they would need some sort of notice so I have pretty much decided to ax that idea.

My Mom suggested we get a hotel room and romantic weekend together outside of the house. Enjoy one another and order room service. I think that is a great idea. I just know that Mr. Big and I are not the types to sit around in a hotel room. We're tourists. We explore.

I'm still pondering this. In the mean time, I have an appointment at the spa today for a European facial, Manicure and Pedicure. I'm so excited!

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Cough** East Coast**Cough

Or at least a long car ride from me somewhere. I'll drive all night if I could!