1. It's HOT as Hell here. We hardly have a winter and when we do we rejoice in it.
2. Cowboys do exist, but not around every corner.
3. We are friendly and curteous most of the time.
4. Yes Ma'am and Yes Sir' are still common terms here.
5. We enjoy good Barbque and cold beer to wash it down.
6. It is flat unless you are in the Hill Country (Austin).
7. We are very proud of our state. Texas Pride is rampant.
8. Our state slogan "Don't Mess with Texas" helps keep our state trash free.
9. Our state flower is the Bluebonnet.
10. Our state bird is the Mockingbird. They are mean things too. They will dive bomb you if you are too close to their territory.
11. Our beaches are not great, but we still enjoy the nicer ones from time to time.
12. Lots of Big Trucks and SUV.
13. Some things really are bigger in Texas!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants