Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Endless Toy Boxes

This weekend Mr. Big and I went through the tox boxes to try and down size. Let's just say that we emptied two boxes and filled three garbage bags full for donation. It was insane the amount of toys the boys have accumulated. Jacob was helping us fill the bags and very happy to share his toys with other children that might want toys of their own. I felt good teaching him that there are other people in this world that are not as fortunate. He was happy to share his toys!

Even though we down sized we still have way too many toys. I told Mr. Big that we could go through them in another month when their birthdays had come and gone. I'm sure they will be given more toys and the three garbage bags we filled will return in new toys. Sigh. It's just overwhelming and I really should tell the Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and Friends to just contribute to their 529 plans. BUT...Then I would be the old fogey that wasn't any fun.

No comments: