Friday, July 20, 2007

For Hannah


Yesterday I was touched by the death of a sweet little girl. The news drove me to my knees and drew me to tears. I thought about her every second of the day yesterday. I pictured her and her family all day long. I couldn't get them out of my head. I truly was effected by her death down to the inner core of my soul. I struggled to understand. I struggled with the feelings of her family, especially her mother, father and little sister. I cried while telling the story to all my friends and family. I asked for prayer from everyone I knew to lift everyone up that was effected by Hannah's death.

When I awoke this morning Jacob was nestled in between Mr. Big and I. I curled my body into his and smelled the crown of his head. Tears ran down my face as I remembered Hannah and her family. I looked to my ceiling and I envisioned her dancing on the clouds this morning. She was happy and bright, as I remember her from pictures and stories that her mother shared with us through her blog. Hannah was someone's baby and while my baby was nestled next to me, a great mother was missing her baby this morning. I felt guilty inside. I will never forget Hannah or her family as they have deeply touched me this week. The tragedy of it all is overwhelming and fills my soul with confusion.

Hannah was a beautiful little girl. She was young and vibrant. She was full of life and zest. She had a little sister, Lily, that will miss her terribly. Her Mother is a great mother. She is a very doting mother with stories of Hannah's adventures and triumphs through life. She is most importantly a proud mother. She exhibits all the traits that I strive to exhibit through motherhood.

I will never forget you, Hannah. You have touched my soul and will carry a little piece of my heart with you to heaven. I hope to see you one day in heaven and to know that you are there waiting for everyone that you have touched brings me great joy and comfort. I will see you one day again and so will everyone that loves you-your mother, your father, your sister, your grandparents and all the family that loved you as only family can do.

Hannah, There is a song that I sing to my boy's before bed everynight and last night as I sang the song to my Joshua I weld up with tears and pictured you above his crib looking down on us smiling. I want to share this song with you because it reminded me of you and your journey to heaven.

"Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" By the Dixie Chicks

Dragon tales and the water is wide
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man

Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man

Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man

Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

Hannah, You will be greatly missed. Your life on earth was too short...

**For anyone that would like to make a donation to honor Hannah, please email me and I will let you know how you can do so through a paypal account that has been set up for donations.
thebusybody@hotmail.com. Thank you.


4 comments:

Jess T said...

Aimee,

That was beautiful. I adore that song.

Your post truly captures what we are all feeling right now. Thanks.

Jess T

Rach said...

Thank you, thank you, Aimee. I'm just crying my head off. It's just beautiful.

tiburon said...

Aimee you have a way with words. Once again, I could not have said it better myself.

Kimberly said...

I love that song too. It's so fitting and even more poignant to me now that I have a son.