Thursday, August 02, 2007

Glamourous

I am so not glamourous. I'm lucky if I shave my legs twice a week. I'm lucky if I get to put on make-up to go somewhere once a week. My hair has no style when I'm at home. I mostly wear a pony tail and when I do actually blow dry it and wear it down it's just flat and with no hairstyle. I am a walking "What not to wear" candidate. I wear shorts, tees and tennis shoes or flip flops on a daily basis.

I was shopping last week for a dress for Mr. Big's gala in August. I went to the Neiman Marcus Last call store and tried on Vera Wang gowns, Nicole Miller gowns and many other great designers. For a few minutes that day I felt like a Diva. That was nice for the fleeting moment I was there.

3 comments:

Jess T said...

I'm right there with you! Only I RARELY do my hair. I have a hair dryer, but I use it on my daughter more than on myself.

tiburon said...

I like you just the way you are.

Never change :)

formerteacher said...

Oh, how I relate! When my oldest was born, I was still able to get myself put together in the morning, but after the second baby was born, things have gone downhill! This morning I dropped my son off a summer camp. I didn't do anything to myself except shower, which is not like me at all! I also dress in the same clothes you do. Shorts, a tee and flip flops. I call it my 'mom uniform'. So comfy, what could be better?!
Seriously, though, us moms take much better care of their kids than we do ourselves. I don't know about you, but my kids have WAY better wardrobes than I have ever had!

I also have a big event to go to for my husband's work. Wish we had a Neiman MArcus Last Call store, then maybe I could feel like a diva too!!!