Friday, December 28, 2007

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We had a splendid Christmas with all our family and friends. The boys were spoiled way more than I ever was as a child. Santa was good to them this year bringing them lots of Thomas the Train toys with an actual train table. They were stoked! Jacob's favorite gift was the Little People nativity scene where he sits for an hour each day reinacting the birth of Baby Jesus. He's really intrigued by Jesus and his story, which we're very thankful for. We want him to always know the true meaning of Christmas. Joshua's favorite gift was his Tonka trucks that his Daddy picked out for him. They are really cool, retro wood Tonka trucks. He found them on clearance at Walmart about six months ago where we've stowed them in our closet. They were a big hit and Joshua is very proud to own them.

I'm so grateful for the health of our families this year. My Mom is healthy and was able to enjoy Christmas this year. We were unsure of her health just months ago and she shocked us all with her determination and quick recovery. It was really nice to watch her with the boys on Christmas Day.

When I sit back and think about the past year it wasn't the greatest year finanicially for us, nor the best as far as health in our family goes, but we were all content, happy and taken care of. I feel so lucky to have a husband that supports me in all that I do as a stay at home parent while I parent our two boys. It's where I want to be in life at this moment and I really am "fat" and happy in my little world here.

I ponder what the New Year will bring and I can only pray and hope for the best. If it were not for my faith I wouldn't be able to move forward some days. I just know that God is good. He's always known what was right for me in my life and he's always come through for me. I just ask for a good year with loads of great surprises! I'd be really happy to announce a pregnancy this year, but I also know that when it happens (just like with my other two) it will be in perfect timing! I also pray that we hit the Lotto.... crazier things have happened!

I wish you and yours a Happy New Year! See you in 2008...

2 comments:

Dani said...

I bet this next year will be full of great things. YOU deserve them. You have such a great family. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Melissa said...

I'm hoping and praying for wonderful things for you and your family. You DESERVE them all!