Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Hurricane was worse than your Hurricane...

I've discovered that when you talk to people about the recent hurricane that you get some that are sympathetic having recently just experienced what you have or there are the ones that tell you all about their hurricane that they experienced in years past. I don't mind listening to their stories and discovering how they dealt with their crisis, but honestly being over a week into this clean up and mess, I'm sick and tired of comparing hurricanes. Does it really matter that your hurricane was a Cat 3 and did minimal damage and that ours was a Cat 2 and did lots of damage? I don't know. Maybe I'm just tired and hormonal, but I'm sooooo over this hurricane crap it's not even funny.

I do have one positive from yesterday, okay two positives.
1. Kroger was open. I bought groceries. I am now enjoying Grapefruit juice again. Weeeeee!
2. Casa Ole' had a limited menu yesterday and we had lunch out for the first time in over a week! Cha Cha Cha!!!! Ole'!!!!

3 comments:

Jerri Ann said...

It is the same for pregnancy and childbirth stories most of the time for me.

Sara said...

I'm glad you got groceries and a lunch out, being without all those services would be surreal.

tiburon said...

There will always be "me-too-ers" out there! Sorry :(