Friday, January 02, 2009

A New Year Quiz

New Years Quiz

I totally stole this from Allison's blog, feel free to steal it from mine.
Let me know if you do so I can read your answers.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I became the Mom of a Kindergartner.
I discovered what a car pool line is all about.
I gave birth to a daughter, my sweet baby girl.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never make resolutions. I do make goals and might mention a few dreams that I would like to accomplish. Last year I said I want to become pregnant in 2008 and that dream did come true. So, I feel like I accomplished something in 2008.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did, but no one that I knew in real life. I did know several online friends that gave birth though.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No and that's wonderful to say.

5. What countries did you visit? None. I was pregnant and no travel for me.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? Maybe a vacation or two.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 14th and 15th of 2008 were the two days I had IUIs to become pregnant. Two weeks later I received a phone call from the RE's office with the news I was pregnant. I hadn't tested yet at home so I was really happy to hear the news. I also will never forgot the day we found out we were having a daughter via ultrasound examination and of course, the September 26, 2008, the day our sweet baby Sarah was born. I will also remember August 26th, the day Jacob started Kindergarten and I lost my oldest son to school during the day. I still can't believe he's so big!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Juggling three kids and figuring it all out.

9. What was your biggest failure? Overspending and tackling some debt.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, Happy to report that.

11. What was the best thing you bought? I won't bore you with kid items. But, mostly things for the kids... to make my life easier.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Jacob. He's such a sweet kid. Always so good!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Joshua. He's so wild. But, he's improving and I can't really bash him since he's only three years old.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills and more bills.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My pregnancy

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Gravity by Jon Mayer.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Fatter, I've got "baby fat" still.
c) richer or poorer? Probably about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I wish I wouldn't have eaten all those cookies and maybe do a few more things with the family like travel.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling at my kids. :o)

20. How did you spend Christmas? We spent it with the family. I enjoyed watching them open gifts and I always treasure the innocence and sweetness of their youth.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, with my daughter. She's a miracle beyond words.

22. What was your favorite TV program? CSI, Grey's Anatomy and Criminal Minds.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No, I'm not a hater.

24. What was the best book you read? The Twilight series sucked me in...

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I can't say I had a discovery, but I have enjoyed what the artists have done this year.

26. What did you want and get? Pregnancy, healthy baby and hopefully a daughter. And, I did!!! I feel so blessed.

27. What did you want and not get? A Million Dollars.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Iron Man was really good.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 32 and we went to a nice dinner at our favorite mexican restaraunt with a group of close friends. I couldn't enjoy adult beverages, but it was my little secret at the time because everyone thought my daquiri was full strength when it was virgin.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have more money to enjoy some more frivilous things, but I that's really reaching since we did have a good year honestly.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Maternity Wear.

32. What kept you sane? Pedicures.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Sarah Palin. I found her interesting to follow.

34. What political issue stirred you the most? The US election was pretty fascinating ...

35. Who did you miss? Kevin. He worked too much.

36. Who was the best new person you met? My new OB/GYN.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
That once again, God's timing is always perfect and to have patience.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
That would require brain cells and mine are fried.

1 comment:

mCat said...

Yeah, I am the first poster! Love this quiz and yes, am stealing it!
Weird as it is, I like these little ditties because I do get to know someone a little better.
Thanks for sharing!