Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Button Nose

Last week we met Jacob for lunch. Joshua sat next to one of Jacob's school buddies. He decided to lick the child several times during lunch. I, of course, was appalled and bewildered. I've never really quite figured out what makes Joshua tick. So, upon asking him why he'd do such a thing he looked at me very seriously and declared "Because I your button nose, Mommy!". My heart melted because I've called him my button nose since he was a tiny newborn. I did, however, explain to him that being my button nose didn't come with the duty to lick innocent kindergarteners eating their lunches. He seemed to understand, but that is yet to be determined. I'll test that out again this morning... let's hope he keeps his tongue in his mouth.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

"I did, however, explain to him that being my button nose didn't come with the duty to lick innocent kindergarteners eating their lunches."

This line kills me!! I hope he gets over his licking phase soon. LOL!

Kristi said...

LOL, what does being a button nose have to do with that.