Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hustle and Bustle of the Holidays

Christmas is fast approaching this year. I went and volunteered to host three separate gatherings this year in our new home. I had no idea just how much it would stress me out to decorate and have the house ready. We are having an early celebration with Mr. Big's family on December 16th. That is the one that is stressing me most. I have this vision of my house being perfect and delightful in every way. I have lists and lists of things to get done. I'm just a holiday planning machine! Lord Help me!

Both my kids are sick right now. Joshua came down with a cold the day we were leaving for Louisiana. Jacob was fine until the day we returned from Louisiana. Now, Mr. Big and I have sore throats and mucus filled noses. Yea, mucus is not a nice word and I hate it. I hate mucus.

With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays and me being sick with a cold we have decided to not IUI this month. My heart wants me to try this month, but my mind tells me to wait. I'm going with my mind this month because it's the most rational thing to do. So, I hope that January brings good things in that department. The whole process is wearing on me (and our bank account). I keep telling Mr. Big that this third kid better be worth every cent and he (my voice of reason) tells me "Look at your other two kids and think about what you just said". He couldn't be anymore right! No amount of money in the world could amount to the love and joy they've brought to me. I'll keep trying-just not in December.

Back to Christmas and off my ovaries and womb...

I have all my Christmas shopping done. I have half the gifts wrapped. I still need to set up our tree and decorate it. We'll do that this weekend. The house is starting to show signs of Christmas. The yard adorns Christmas Cut-outs. I love this time of year!

Now if we could only get a white Christmas in Texas this year we'll be doing great!

No comments: